Monday, April 29, 2013

Blocus is upon us!

"Blocus" is what they call finals in Belgium. Yes, I know it's been two years since I left Belgium and UCL; be quiet and let me relive my glory days!

Anyway, it's finals week and that means I look properly a mess.

This has pretty much been all I did today: woke up, got dressed, came downstairs, read my finance book, took notes. By "got dressed" I mean put on a pair of leggings and a t-shirt. I haven't taken my hair down. I'm not going to take my hair down. I should probably pick out some clothes for tomorrow at some point (it's finals, but dress code still applies) but eh. I'll probably just end up doing that in the morning. I should also do some form of self maintenance this week, but that's probably not going to happen at all.

At one point today, I tried to feed myself and only ended up taking food out of the refrigerator, forgetting that I was trying to eat, and going back to the table. I had read another whole chapter of finance before I realized that I was still hungry.

Yeah. It's that crucial.

I both love and hate finals week. I love finals week because it signals the end of the semester and the start of some kind of break. I hate finals week because, well, finals. Tests make me nervous, and goodness will I be glad when this week is over. My last exam is on Thursday, and Friday after my interview I'm going home, and my friend Widge is coming over so we can celebrate the end of the semester by watching Disney movies and pretending we're not 23. It's going to be awesome.

So good luck to all of you who have exams in the immediate/near future! I'm sure you'll do fine. To all my friends who are graduating, congratulations! And to all of my friends who are graduating and have jobs waiting for them.... Congratulations. I hate you.

I'm kidding, of course.

Only I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment