Sunday, December 9, 2012

Finals are upon us!

Or, as my Belgian friends say, it's blocus!

I don't know why I'm using all these exclamation marks. I hate finals/blocus. There's this sense of satisfaction and anticipation because there's only one more week until Christmas Break starts, but at the same time you're filled with an impending sense of dread because, well, finals. I always panic around finals, because, well, finals, but this year I have the added stress of needing to maintain a 3.0 GPA or else get kicked out of school. This does not make me a happy camper.


Yesterday, I had a sorority function to sufficiently distract me from my graduate student responsibilities, but today I'm not so fortunate. So starting right now, I will be sitting around looking like this for the rest of the week:  

Nervous grimacing smile and a stats book. Well, the stats book will be gone after tomorrow. But you know what I mean.

Yes, I wear Santa hats when I'm at home. Where's your Christmas spirit?

So good luck to all you guys who have exams! I'm putting it in the universe that we will all make it out of this with 3.0 semester averages at the very least, because I don't know about y'all but I don't fancy getting booted out of grad school.

No comments:

Post a Comment