Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Catching up

It's been an intense first few weeks back, man.

This is what my course load looks like this semester:
Monday -- Decision Modeling
Tuesday -- Financial Management (corporate finance)
Wednesday -- Business law, Operations Management
Thursday -- Information Systems

Did I tell y'all that the syllabus for Information Systems is 19 pages long? Or that almost all these classes require group projects? Or that decision modeling is a fancy way of saying "all the Microsoft Excel you never wanted to learn?" Or that business law is only 2 months long?

Seriously, who makes business law an 8 week course? Clemson, do better. I had my first test today on chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7, and that over there is what my cheat sheet looked like. That's just the front. And yes, I wrote that all by hand. And yes, I am still concerned about my grade.

Fortunately none of my classes really seem to be hard. It's a lot of information, but it's not difficult information, and while you could argue that one is just as bad as the other I'm gonna try to look at this glass like it's half full. It would be great if it was actually full, but I take what I can get.

This semester, my goal is get all As. Like I've complained 10,000 times before, all of us MBA students have to maintain a 3.0 or get kicked out of the college, and I'd really like to get mine GPA a little further away from that line. All A's would be awesome. But I will settle for 3 A's and 2 B's. I've already picked out my "okay to get a B in" classes. Finance is one of them. I don't care if it's an 80 as long as it's a B.

Really, I'm just letting you guys know I'm alive. The saucy stuff will return soon.

I am also now officially looking for internships! If y'all know of anywhere looking to hire you should totes let me know about it. And/or put in a good word for me. I like my nepotism like I like all things that could eventually lead to your downfall and/or otherwise get you in trouble: in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment